View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Sam Lemoine

I would love to work the 52 Topps, but I am a school teacher married to a school teacher, so I am never going to convince my wife that we should drop the equivalent of a house into a baseball set. I will settle for 53 Topps up. I am also doing the same for the 56 Topps up for football. I don't have a percentage, but baseball from 1970 to the present is almost complete in Ex-Mint or better, and the football is the same. I am now bouncing around with baseball sets. I am working the 53 Topps (about 20% so far) in Vg/Vg-Ex, 54 Topps (down to Aaron, Banks, and Kaline) in Vg/Vg-Ex, 1956 Topps (20% through), 62 Topps (85% done), 63 Topps (about the same), and 67 Topps (also about the same). I just can't do one set at a time. It drives me nuts. So, working on 8-10 sets keeps me interested, and if a set starts to bore me (like when I can't find cards I need to finish), I can just switch to the others.

Sam