View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 03:14 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Rich,

The point that was being made to you (unless I'm wrong) wasn’t about on topic or off topic. It was more that in the case of Robert’s thread the mods didn’t want Robert’s message to be lost in a sea of music and hip hop flash backs.

Robert was nice enough to give a little insight into his past dealings with Mr. Nash and I think we all should take note as there is some pretty serious stuff in those posts. For me in situations and threads like that I’d take a 10 post on topic thread that seems boring all day long over a 100 post thread about what hip hop bands and music you dig.

Rich I will say I wrestle with how anyone can find a thread where a fellow collector shares that he has been ripped off. Physically threatened and left out to dry by one of the hobby’s more known figures a boring read. Especially on a baseball card forum.

It’s also not about Nash responding most of us know he would not dare chime in he will hide behind his website and throw stones. No way he's stepping up and addressing his issues with Robert or anyone else. It’s more so that folks know who he is and if Robert is incorrect well then Prime Minster the floor and mic are yours please drop some knowledge on us.

As for other boards and how they are run in terms of moderation of lack of who cares. This place runs like this and others run differently. Leon does a good job. Does he do some things sometime I disagree with, sure but his place his rules. At the end of the day this isn’t a place I have to live full time, these people aren’t my roommates and I don’t have to raise kids here, it’s a chat board.

Cheers,

John