View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 12:11 AM
Ryan Christoff

Default Thank you from CubanBaseballCards.com!

Today (August 10th) marks the 10-year anniversary of my first auction. The next one (coming soon, I swear!) will be auction number 21. I just wanted to say thank you to all the Net54 members who have bid in my auctions over the years. Some have bid in every one! The past few years have been trying for me personally and I haven't had nearly enough time to devote to doing regular auctions, or even check the board as regularly as I used to. As sporadic as the auctions have been, I appreciate all the board members who have continued to check them out, whether they've placed bids or not. I still find these particular kinds of rare and obscure cards and players to be as fascinating as ever, and I always enjoy the many discussions I've had with board members about them. I plan to continue doing auctions for as long as I can, which means as long as I still have stuff to auction.

Anyway, a big thanks to Leon for running the board, and for all the board members I've come to know and develop friendships with over the years. There are still quite a few of us who have been members of this board (and its evolutionary predecessors) for longer than a decade. My collection wouldn't be what it is today without help from board members and I hope I've helped out some collections in that same way.

So, thanks!!!

-Ryan

P.S. I'd like to clarify that this isn't some B.S. marketing crap or whatever. Also, it's now technically past midnight in Colorado, so it's already the 11th, but you get my point. "10 years and 1 day ago" just sounds clumsy.