View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 11:13 PM

Today was my last day and it ended with a bang. The news was sad early with the theft of the 2 1952 Mantles, 1 1951 Bowman Mantle and the binder of cards. I'll say it again: install surveillance cameras and get some security!!!! I hope they catch these cretins.
Oh we'll, the better news was I got to meet for the first time in person Bruce Babcock and David McDonald whom I have known through competitive bidding and from the 54 Board for many years. I also got to hang out with Jayson Miller and meet many other 54ers for the first time. The social side of the National, to me, is the greatest highlight.
Near the end of the day I stumbled across a red E94 Honus Wagner for my collection. Coupled with the dark green Moore E94 Zach Rice found for me, I am down to needing only 6 more E94s to complete the master set of 180 E94s. It's been a long journey but I'm getting close!
A couple of highlights from the last 24 hours included Josh Evan's speech about his adventures with Charlie Sheen and Roger Clemens and Pedro Martinez at the bar in the Hilton where I am staying.
As my friend David McDonald would say 'Aloha' to the National and I hope to see everyone in Cleveland next year.