View Single Post
Old 08-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Mike H.

I had a wonderful time at the National with all the usual suspects. Spirits were high and I enjoyed spending most of my time with Mark Steinberg (perezfan), Ryan Sims, and Carlton of course. I was really hoping to add a few Cubs and Tigers pinbacks, but I didn't find anything out of the ordinary. There were a lot of pins, pennants, and equipment, but not much in the way of figurals (bobble heads excluded). Here are my pickups.

It was a pretty good show for pennants. I was looking for a DiMaggio and Ryan found this honey for me on day one. It is in terrific condition with a couple tack holes, but a nice tip and tone.

The next pennant is a design I have seen before, but never with a the little flag near the tip reading 1948. The condition is NrMint.

This is my pickup of the show. Any time you can add a pennant that Mark Steinberg and Dave Bushing have never seen before, you know you have something special. The purple felt on this honey is super heavy and soft and the image of the Tiger is fantastic. Probably late 40s early 50s and in outstanding condition...I love it!!!

We had a great time visiting the fantastic offerings of the three Bills at the National. They never fail to bring great items, fair pricing, and wonderful conversation. These are the experiences that make this hobby great. I added two Victors this year...one horizontal (very rare) and a vertical.

My last pickup of the show was a piece I have seen and loved, but never purchased. When I saw the magnificent NrMt condition of this Al Simmons cigar box I couldn't resist. The images are perfect, the hinge is undamaged, and the price was right on.