View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Tony Davis

Default Really?

What the difference between these two cards really boils down to is one factor...

Beer!

When grader A evaluated the gem card, he had just returned from a long lunch that included a couple of beers. It is truly a gorgeous card that is almost flawless (centering). It was clearly a gem card (to him at that moment).

Grader B was at that same lunch drinking beer with grader A. He went home & continued drinking long into the night. His wife got pissed at him. He woke the next morning with a raging headache and his wife still nagging. He retuned to work with a raging hangover and the first card on his docket was Wonka's... Another truly flawless card but his head is pounding and he is a little agitated so 8.5 sounds about right...

What does subjectivity mean? If these graders can remember every card they've ever seen and compare and contrast them with every card that every other grader has ever seen, then we can truly rely on these grades. But just like that hot girl I saw in the supermarket last saturday kinda looks like the girl I remember who used to look kinda hot in college 10 years ago...Well...

What does subjectivity mean again?

Ok. I was in college 20 years ago...