View Single Post
Old 07-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Vincent Hecksel

Default 1907 Detroit Tigers photo postcard

To our experienced postcard collectors, I need your insight.

First off, I have little experience with the collecting/purchasing of vintage postcards. But as a huge fan of vintage Tigers memorabilia, I was seriously considering bidding on this item, which sold on eBay early today for $262.87:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Post...#ht_266wt_1399

But I just could not get over how different the corners viewed from the front (all four well rounded) of the postcard differed from the view from the back (one rounded, three fairly sharp). That did not seem right to me, especially in light of having had collected vintage tobacco/candy cards in years past. So I contacted the seller, suspecting he used a stock photo for the back. But he replied the scan of the back is the actual item. I asked why the corners on the front did not correspond with the condition of the corners on the back. He replied again, that the images in the listing are of the actual item.

In your opinion, is it unusual for the corner wear to appear so different depending upon which side of the postcard is viewed ? Any other insight you might provide should I chance upon another postcard opportunity in the future?

Last edited by HexsHeroes; 07-09-2013 at 02:16 PM.