View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshua4710 View Post
Just wanted to ask the simple question, Why do you collect? Sometimes I have to ask myself this because there are times when i wonder if it was really worth it to spend that much money on a piece of cardboard. I don't have many friends or family members who share the same interest in baseball cards that i do, so i sometimes feel like i have to justify my purchases to those around me.The fact is, is that really don't have to justify anything because its something that I love and have a passion for and have for years. That alone should be enough justification right? For me, collecting makes me feel like im 10 years old again. When I find that that one missing piece of my collection that i have been searching forever for and it finally comes in the mail, its like opening my first pack of baseball cards all over again. I feel like all the stresses of being an adult goes away for a brief moment and I am in my own little world with these pieces of American history. That might seem weird or dorky(I know my wife thinks it is haha), but that's why I collect! So I just wanted to ask you guys, why do you collect?
That is exactly how I feel.