View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Luke G.

Default Relatively New Member - Delayed Initial Post

Good evening fellow board members. My name is Luke and I would like to introduce myself. After signing up more than 1 1/2 years ago and reading posts almost everyday I better introduce myself. I hope I have not set the record for longest stay without an introduction. I even attended last year's dinner and had a few beverages with some of you.

Anyway, my first pack was busted open in 1986 and I became sucked into the hobby. Like many of you I spent countless hours and dollars during the late 80's and early 90's only to drift out of the hobby when my interests changed as a teenager. It was not until about 10 years ago that my girlfriend (now wife) suggested I get back into my hobbies. I took her advice and now am heavily addicted to collecting cards again. I think she may regret her advice from time to time...

My main focus currently is split between finishing off my vintage Topps sets and tackling the Monster. Since reading here I have increased my Monster # to 58 in about one year. I also spend a great deal of time trying to dump the shiny stuff and hoards of early 80's material to gather up some funds for the better stuff.

I look forward to being more outgoing and contributing to the board as well. Thank you everyone for providing me with some truly great information and guidance within the hobby.

Talk to ya soon,

Luke