View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 12:35 PM
Brett Lowman

Default Spalding Ford Frick Ball - Not What It Seems

I wanted to bring attention to an item on eBay that may be a possible fake. I just saw the item this morning and it ends today so I apologize for the quick notice.

The item in question is Spalding National League Ford Frick ball with multi colored seams - http://www.ebay.com/itm/290923716641...84.m1438.l2649

Back on October 28th, 2012 I sold a Spalding Ford Frick baseball with all red seams. If you compare the pictures below, you will find that the scuff marks and dirt on the ball I sold (then with red seams) match perfectly with the ball in question (now with the multi colored stitch seams). To make matters worse, the person that purchased this ball is a board member. Since you cannot view the item in question on eBay because enough time has elapsed, I have enclosed screen shots of the auction from my October eBay invoice - the invoice listing doesn't fit on one screen so there are a few shots. The accounts used to purchase this baseball and the one to sell it are different, however, if you look at name history of the seller (pastimecollectibles), the first name he used is the name of the person on the paypal account that purchased the baseball. To me, this practice is very disturbing and thought the board would be best served to see for themselves. I did email Leon ahead of time to give him a heads up and he was fine with me posting as long as I printed facts and signed my name.