View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 09:02 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetwoohsix View Post
Hi Eric,

I'm not too sure that we could use these marks to figure out a sheet layout. These marks are on all kinds of T206's,,, not just the Cobb (bat off). I think so far the best thing going to reconstruct a likely sheet is the double name cards (both same-name, and two different names) and Steve's plate scratch matching idea.

Joe- Your Cobb may have that mark at the bottom center? It's kind of hard for me to tell, but with a loupe it may show.

Nice cards everyone!!

Sincerely, Clayton
It probably got lost in my earlier post, but these marks can help with sheet layouts. It's not yet completely clear how many of each player were on a sheet, and these small marks and a few others make each position identifiable from the others.

I've got enough scans of Magies to say there are between 6 and 8 different. With Magie probably only having been on one sheet that makes it likely that each player was on a sheet 6-8 times.

What will be interesting is if the double name players have fewer uses than the others. That would mean a layout that's not balanced, so maybe 8 cards high, with some players getting an entire column, and others half or less.

I'm still looking at just how to get all that into a database, and how to get enough scans that are good enough to get more detail.

Steve B