View Single Post
Old 06-03-2013, 05:02 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Default A Portrait of Baseball Photography - Additions/Corrections?

From the outset, let me be clear that in no way is this thread intended to be a criticism of Marshall Fogel and Henry Yee's work. I have found their research into the various back-stampings of news service photographs to be particularly helpful, as well as their brief histories of the various news agencies and biographies of a number of the photographers who shot the photos we love.

That said, I have read comments in several posts over the last couple of years that, if the book were to be done now, there are certain corrections that would be made and/or additional information that would be included.

Soooo, since nobody seems to know if/when another edition will be published, how about we go ahead and talk about those corrections, additions, etc. that would/should be included if the book were to be re-done. That way, those of us who are so-inclined can get out our pencils and start adding notes in the margins of our already well-worn copies

P.S. I am specifically NOT referring to proposed corrections to/gripes about the "Type" classification system for this thread (Type 1, Type 2, etc). I think that has been hashed out quite thoroughly in other threads and, like it or not, use it or not, doesn't look poised to change any time soon.

P.P.S. I will follow up below with a post of the kind of "correction" I am referring to, just in case anyone jumps in here before I have a chance to get it posted.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 06-03-2013 at 05:03 PM.