View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Chris

Hi Zone,

I bought the card off of eBay for about $360 (shipped) from a very reputable seller. If I held out a bit, I probably could have gotten it for a little better of a price.

As far as my set goes, my list is not comprehensive. Right now, I do not collect regional, test issues, or panels (when the Bazooka cards come in strips, etc., I will only buy the individual Mantle not the Mantle on the strip). One of the more complete lists is the PSA Mantle Master Set Registry available online. I believe it is only missing the following cards/variations:
1. 1965 Mantle Push Pull
2. 1968 Topps Poster Mantle
3. 1969 Topps Yankees Team Poster
4. 1952 Topps Mantle Double Print
5. 1964 Topps Tattoo Red Triangle back variation (came with two color backs, Topps does not distinguish between the two)
6. Exhibit Dad's Cookies Back
7. Exhibit Postcard Back (with muto scope line)
8. Exhibit Postcard Back (without muto scope line)
9. 1969 Topps Checklist (there are two variations, one with an full L in the name Boswell, one with only a partial L)
10. Exhibit variation -- one of the Mantle Exhibits has a variation on the line (one reads Made in USA, one reads Printed in USA). Can't remember which one of the top of my head though
11. 1965 Bancroft Tiddlers Mantle Back
12. Briggs Meat Mantle
13. Topps Mantle Plaque/Mask
14. Topps Plak (big nose variation)
15. Topps Plak (small nose variation)
16. Japanese Mantle Card (forgot the name but you wouldn't be able to find it for sale anyway, because it is just not out there)
17. 1967 Topps Punchboard Mantle Test
18 1968 Topps Punchout (year?) Mantle (PSA lists one but does not list the variation)
19. 1960 OPC Tattoo auto ball
20. 1960 Topps Tattoo auto ball
21. 1960 OPC Tattoo Portrait (Never seen this and not sure it even exists)

Add those to the PSA Master List and you'll have a pretty complete set of Mantle cards. That said, if you want, feel free to send me your email and I'll send you my list. Mine is a bit more manageable and is a great way to start.

To the other Mantle collectors out there, please feel free to chime in if I missed anything. I am going primarily off of memory here.

Last edited by Bestdj777; 05-16-2013 at 09:20 PM.