View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 09:45 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

Quote:
Originally Posted by T205 GB View Post
Yeah you read that right.

Last Monday I printed and mailed 28 packages out in #0 padded mailers. Stopped by the PO and dropped them all into an out of town drop slot. Friday night comes round and I get an ebay claim from a buyer claiming that they haven't received their card and the tracking info is not showing the item received. WTF I think. Saturday I get 2 more and start looking into all the packages I sent. Every one of them have no tracking info. So I called the PO and of course my small town PO is closed on Saturday. I made the call in this morning to the post master and explained the issue. Later today I get a call back saying my packages and about 20 other peoples mail is in a drop slot that used to have a brass plate over it stopping mail from being dropped into it and was no longer being looked at since it had been blocked off. They have a roller bin below for an in town drop slot and then a box type area above for that out of town slot. Anyway they found all the packages as well as the other peoples mail. So someone steals the brass plate, I'm one of the idiots that used it, piss off a few customer, and get a "sorry for that sir".

How about that for a PO f'up or is it my fault for not using a larger PO to mail out at??
Even if you have no tracking on your packages it is possible to have the po verify delivery. My girl just had something strange happen to. They said they are not supposed to do it but she was in a good mood.

They gave her a physical print out. That was the last she heard from the buyer.

Kevin