View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Tony Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig M View Post
I also have made the mistake and it is down right stupid and ignorant.

Regarding (AUCTIONS); simply RELAX and do not bid early. All that you are doing is working the price up so that you end up paying more out of your pocket than you need too. I have fallen into the trap before also!

Do not bid on an item or items that you are interested in until within 5 minutes or less (preferably 15 seconds) of auction ending. If you want to bid on multiple items, allow 10 or so minutes to start and put your best bids in.

Try to keep the number of bidders on each item at 1 or 0.

Keep in mind to "RELAX".

Craig
I agree with this... It seems it's human nature to not want to lose out on something, or not to win. So, if you bid on something, and someone ups you, you want to throw in another bid because you don't want to lose, and then they do the same... Pretty soon, there's twenty bids and everyone else looks at the auction and thinks, this must be something cool with all these bids. They start bidding... The thing about eBay is that they send you an email reminding you about the item, and everyone else. So all these people who bid, or even just clicked the watch button are getting notifications... This creates demand and soon enough, everyone has to have it.

However, many times I stumble across items with very little time left, and little or no bids that go for a lot cheaper than they should. Or, I've sold things that sat, and sat with no interest for multiple auction cycles, but when one person places a bid, others seem to want it and it goes for more than it would have if someone just bid at the last second. It's strange!

eBay behavior is strange... I don't understand it, but I'm sure there is a pattern to it!