View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 05:46 PM

Default Cut lines and MBs

Five pictures illustrating my earlier cut line/border discussion:

1. Topps 1970 #347 Snyder. The cut line was a guide at the bottom of the half sheet.

2. Topps 1970 #112 Fryman (regular card). On the closeup you can see the cut line. You can make out specks of the "burlap" coming through the cut line and there is further card below the cut line.

3. Topps MB #165 Oliva with a medium border.

4. Topps MB #165 Oliva with a larger border. This card is slightly more off-centered than the above. Compared to the off white cut line in pic #2 this is whiter, looks more solid. This border is the top of the MB Hot Rod card L'il Beauty. All the HR cards were horizontal, so it would be the right edge of the L'il Beauty card.

5. Bottom of a Kocourek 67 Football MB card on close up. Went straight from a game I opened up over about 15 years ago into this holder. (Only touched twice--by me and the Milton Bradley worker who put it into the tray. I took it out of deep storage for the picture.) On magnification this mesh lower border matches exactly the top mesh border of the Dodgers MB 168 card top border. Each of the MB cards has a unique match to a card above or below it on the sheet. However, you have to have at several cards with borders on each side of the match to achieve this, as well as a magnifying loupe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snyder 1970 cut line.jpg (61.3 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg Fryman reg cut line.jpg (74.1 KB, 106 views)
File Type: jpg Oliva medium border.jpg (78.2 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg Oliva large border.jpg (65.2 KB, 107 views)
File Type: jpg Kocourek border.jpg (64.4 KB, 109 views)