View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 06:43 PM
Phil Garry

My first reaction was that Gary's idea might bring about the best chance of getting these cards identified to the mainstream collecting public. Reading his post further, I subsequently realized his point that these rookie cards need to coincide with what the TPG's will encapsulate, otherwise, they are not going to accept the idea for their registries.

If I am correct, PSA requires an item to be catalogued in order to grade it so some postcards will work as long as they are part of a catalogued set, not possibly unique ones. I assume that cabinet cards would be the same along with CDV's. I'm not sure what their position is on something like an Overland Candy, if you say that they won't do those, I'll accept that.

As far as gearing my list towards what issues the grading companies will or will not grade, I think that is probably too restrictive and will force items to be left out because PSA or SGC choose not to grade them or do not have a holder large enough or thick enough to encapsulate them.

Maybe using Gary's idea of gaining a concensus and presenting that to the card catalogue publishers would be the best way to go. I tried once with SCD though and that went nowhere. Maybe we could try to approach Beckett first and if they like and accept it, SCD will follow. Then, maybe the grading companies will jump in.