View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 05:56 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolemmings View Post
Call me a contrarian, but I do not find it hard to accept at all. I think it strange that Ferguson would tie its cards, its blotter and its pillowtop to images taken from Underwood & Underwood and then use the Mendelsohn photos for this large 9x24 pennant.

Now if the BF2s are actually the "pennant tickets" referenced in the blotter, then it would be a natural progression to offer a King-Size version of those tickets as a premium. Have we ever seen anything else purporting to be or construed as such a ticket? Has it been confirmed that BF2s were in fact placed in Ferguson loaves? If not, then it seems to me an open question.

Definitely an open question, Todd. And after looking at them and thinking about it some more, it is probably further from 100 than I was previously thinking. I hadn't really even thought about the picture of the pennant, on the blotter, being one of the small pennants on the pillow top. I just assumed it is what the large ones looked like. In that case it still seems plausible, if not more plausible, the bigger ones seen today were put out by Ferguson's. Now, the smaller, "BF2" are another story. No, I have never heard of any proof they were found in loaves of bread. It is assumed. They might have been, but that is about all we are sure of.