View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanH3 View Post
Let's see if I can do this right since I just posted this in the wrong forum. DOH!! Sorry Leon.

Just thought I'd share my recent positive experience with PSA. I won a 1934 Goudey Jimmie Foxx PSA 5 in a recent Heritage auction. When I got the card I immediately felt the card was overgraded. I realize PSA graded the card, but Heritage really did a piss poor job at describing the card. No mention of the surface wrinkles anywhere. I feel they could have done a better job with the description. I will think long and hard and ask a ton of questions if I decide to bid in another Heritage auction.

Anyway, I emailed Joe Orlando and informed him of my delimma. He immediately said send the card to him and they will take a look at it. I just got a call and they agreed. So the card is being re-holdered as a 4 and sent back to me on their dime plus compensation. I know some have had bad experiences in the past but I wanted to share a positive one. I'm really insignificant to PSA's bottom line since I'm not a big time submitter. Heck, I think I may have only submitted two orders to PSA and that was years ago, but Joe still treated me fair. A big thanks to Joe O. and PSA.

Dean
I am curious about one thing. You say the card wasn't described well by Heritage. Most times Heritage has scans so large you can see, or almost see, each pixel of lithography. Was that not the case this time? How could you possibly not see something with scans that large (if they had them and I would guess they did)...?