View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 06:34 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
Since our collection pursuit is at least 100x harder than that of our t206 brethren, we should have the right to call our 300 card "set" THE MONSTER!

Just as t206 collectors can pursue front/back combos and ghost prints and "freaks", we,too can define our "set".

I finally made an effort to more clearly define my focus, but I still keep track of my collection vs different standards, mostly utilizing Phil's master checklist, revising it slightly for my liking.

Here are my statistics:

>> my MONSTER number is 138 (or 46% complete), which is the earliest "ideal" solo card, postcard, OR photo of a player.

>> I am at 66.7% (exactly 200) if you expand the definition to include team photos and multi-player photos/cards.

>> I am at 72% (216) for career contemporary cards.

>> And lastly, I am at 95.67% (287) for any card, regardless of date of issue. I'm sure I could get those last 13 pretty easily, but I'm holding out for a "rookie" issue.

All the best in everyone else's pursuit of the real MONSTER!! All I ask is that you stay out of my way when one-of-a-kind items come up for sale!! I can't say I'll do the same for you...
Stealing the concept is flattery.

Stealing the name is blasphemy.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.