View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 07:51 PM
Robert Williams

Plus the '55 Mays that you not only knew was trimmed but had mentioned it in another thread. Then you completely deny having knowledge of it being trimmed when you get called out months later. I could go on for hours but I will digress.

Ah....Bill....you've been banned from PSA.....so let's talk about WIllie Mays here....

Bobbyw8469....I hate you!! You TRIMMED CARDS!!

A) False. I have never trimmed a card. I don't know how. Too honest for that. I have also never KNOWINGLY sold trimmed cards.

Well.....what about the 1955 Bowman Willie Mays??

A). Ahh...the Mays. I bought that one raw from TriplePlayVintage off of Ebay. I sent it in to PSA for grading. They rejected it as trimmed. I threw away the rejection flip (as I used to do in the past), and put it in my raw 'trouble' pile. Then cards in my trouble pile got scattered with my normal cards. I honestly forgot all about it until I come across it. I sold it on Ebay raw. The winning bidder sent it into PSA and it got rejected as 'trimmed'. I refunded the buyer. I then sold it on Ebay WITH the rejection Card Saver and it sold. The winning bidder sent it in to BVG where it achieved a high number grade. So is the card trimmed or not? I know it now resides with a numeric grade. And the argument of one grading company saying a card is trimmed and another grading card company saying a card is good has been going on long before I got into the hobby, and will continue to go on if and when I leave this hobby. That is also another argument altogether. Next?

Added: I learned alot after dealing with that Mays. I learned not to throw away the rejection card saver. I keep the cards into those savers until I dispose of them. Check out the recent 1960 Aaron, 1962 Aaron and 1962 Mays I sold as trimmed. I do hope the winning bidder is able to get them into holders. It won't be me. Ok.....next?

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 01-27-2013 at 08:55 PM. Reason: added info