Thread: OT My postings
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 10:38 AM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
That kind of nails it- people don't care about it anymore. Now of course there are more important things in this world than spelling and grammar, but people should keep in mind that when you post on this board, you are expecting others to read it. And I find it a struggle to read and understand poorly written posts. Sometimes I just move on to the next one because I can't make heads or tails out the one I'm reading. It's a courtesy to others to write clearly, and it doesn't hurt to take a minute to proofread before you hit the "submit" button.

Class dismissed.
To me a poorly written/structured/spelled post is the same as a BST listing with no price, not gonna spend much time there.
Now there is a great deal of difference in a post with a wrongly spelled word and one where you need an interpreter.

I'll also cop to be a very poor typist and get very lazy proofing before I hit send, that creates issues as well.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."

Last edited by HRBAKER; 01-27-2013 at 10:42 AM.