View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 12:51 PM

Default JimStinson

Its probably pretty easy to explain, Its a group lot someone looks at it and says "Hey be sure to mention in the description that the DiMaggio is a proxy" So the person writing the description says "OK" and then gets back to her desk and says to herself "What is a proxy ?".

The description gets written the word is omited and the lot is sold. Probably the least important item in the lot gets overlooked. The rest were good. Innocent mistake

I had almost the exact same thing happen to me this morning , when having the lady who helps me with listings is handed a George "Rube" Foster (Red sox) autograph to list , she looks Rube Foster up on line and lists the autograph as RUBE FOSTER the Negro League Hall of Famer. Big difference between a $25.00 Bo-Sox player and a near impossible HOFer worth many thousands of dollars , I caught it & corrected it before it was listed. Now if it HAD been listed in error. Would that have reflected badly on me ? yes , would it have represented an intent to be deceptive ? I hope not.