View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 11:37 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by pariah1107 View Post
Purchased this 1936 cello button from the Golden Jubilee (1886-1936) Fourth of July celebration at Roslyn, Washington. The festivities featured a baseball game between the Roslyn town team and the Zulu Cannibal Giants. The game ended after the third inning when a beaning resulted in the death of a ballplayer from the Giants (July 5, 1936).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1413

Paid $18 immediately. Estimated delivery date was 1-10-13. The seller did not send me any information and I waited until 1-14-13 to contact him to find out if anything was wrong. Here is his response:

"Hello Ty, I am currently on vacation and will not be back until March 4 to send the item." He went on to apologize for any inconvenience. Is he kidding, or am I being taken for a ride? Now, I see all of his auctions indicate that "Will not be able to send item until March 4" though his estimated delivery time still says 3-6 business days. How can ebay allow this crap?

There is a glitch in Ebay, if you go on vacation and close your store, all your items are supposed disappear from view...........but if someone has your item on their watch list they can still see and purchase the item while you are away.

That said, it looks like this guys store is still open, but with a notation at the top of the auctions.

He probably should have closed it down if he knew he was going to be gone for so long.