View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
this might've been in reference of the recent ruth signature, and i agree with shelly's position.

i had a similar experience last month on my walter johnson signed piece with legendary. it came with a JSA loa, but after soliciting advices from the board i just did not feel comfortable paying for it, knowing full well that with the JSA letter i could turn around, sell it and recover all my money and maybe turn a profit. i didn't want to do that either knowing what i know, so now i'm banned from bidding with legendary.
Sorry that happened. I have to admit, I'm careful about how I talk about auction houses that I purchase regularly from. If I don't like something they've done, I first try to resolve it with them. If that gets me nowhere, I still try to be careful about how I bitch about the transaction publicly.

But I very much admire the fact that you did not blow it off, knowing that you could get your money back by keeping your opinion to yourself. I have a similar situation with a group of PSA/DNA autographs, and I decided to not keep pushing the auction house - they made it very clear that they didn't give a shit about my opinion, and that's something I will not forget. But when I re-sell the items, I will be honest about my opinion, and the bidders can buy PSA's opinion if they choose.