View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kengoldin View Post
Hello All
Dave the OP from this board emailed me privately on Christmas and i replied. He asked if i would look at a Mantle AND a Dimaggio, BOTH with Score Board certs. I told him to scan the front and back of each photo, and front and back of each cert.
after reviewing the scans I told him both autographs were fake, AND both certificates were counterfeit. I have not posted in a long while, but if anyone ever has a question on an item purported to be from score board always feel free to email me images of the items, and images of the cert. if sending a photo show me front and back (yes the blankk back) and front and back (yes the blank back) of the cert so i can answer accurately. I will remind everyone as well as inform anyone new that Score Board certs have been counterfeited by several different sources since the company went out of business in 1998, and just because it comes with a SB cert, does NOT mean it is an SB item and does NOT mean it is even a real cert.
I will also state, my personal advice would be never buy a petronalla art item purported to be signed by a player. I forwarded the email thread to an EBAY 'patroller' as it was apparently purchased off a new site called 'LISTIA' which i can only assume will have to be looked at for fakes for now on.
good luck
Ken Goldin ken@goldinauctions.com
Ken, I really appreciate your agreeing with what I said about the prints.