View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 06:19 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
So for the people saying assault rifles should be banned, say the guy drove his car through a group of kids and killed 15. Should we ban cars?

Also for anyone who thinks video games are part of the problem. I like many others have played violent video games, yet I haven't become a serial killer and killed people and I don't plan on it. So because acouple PEOPLE out of MILLIONS decide to kill others, doesn't mean guns or video games are the problem. If the guy didn't have a gun, he would have found other means to kill people.
I do not think guns in general should be banned. With that said, what is the purpose of having assault guns? These types of guns are so distrunctive that in anyone's hands, they are too much power. When our constitution was written, assault guns did not exist. Second amendment was good for the time but should not apply to assault weapons. No civilian uses these to hunt game or protect their home! They are used strictly for killing. Even if they were used for hunting, there would be the ethical debate of what is sport and what is overkill. They need to be banned as they serve no useful purpose.