View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 05:10 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac32 View Post
What a horrible event. Society needs to start paying attention to prevent these situations. Once again an assault weapon involved. Why do individuale need these type of weapons? We do have the right to bear arms in our country but this should be within reason. Nobody needs an assault weapon for any reason.
Nothing I've read or heard mentioned an assualt weapon being used. Two hand guns were recovered at the scene - a Glock and Sig Sauer, both 9mm. There was a .223 rifle found in the back seat of a car in the parking lot, but it's believed it wasn't used in the shooting. This proves exactly what I said in the Aurora thread - when one wants to kill a mass amount of people, they don't need an assault rifle to do it.

I, too, own a 9mm hand gun. The gun came with 2 clips, I purchased 2 additional clips. Each clip holds 10 rounds. I can discharge all 4 clips (40 rounds) in about a minute. It takes literally 2 seconds to drop the empty clip and replace it with a full clip.

We don't need to focus on the method, but on the motive. What drives some loon to do something like that?

It's a very sad day. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families.