View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Ja,mie B.

David,

Here's another time when the term "Machree" was used in a subliminal manner. Pariah1107 dug this up.

http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/fo...er_Machree.htm

Who was Mother Machree? Machree=Son of God, so Mother Machree was Mother Mary!

So it's very viable, based on how people thought in 1887, and their superior intellectual abilities (if not in regards to technology, then at least vis-a-vis literature), that McCrea was also being used subliminally in the faux-name McCreachery. Not only does it line up directly with the defining personal character trait of Deacon Jones, it is also the only viable explanation for the name on the card.

Add in that remaining letters "Chery" means "dear, sweet" and it is blatantly obvious to me that the name is a reference to "Sweet Jesus", "Sweet Son of God", however you want to put it. How it's continued to evade the realization of the other members of this board is the only remaining mystery in my mind.

But that might be a reflection of some points I made to Barry about our declining intelligence levels! It is also a reflection, I think, that it is hard for people to grasp, in our lowest common denominator thought processes of 2012, why anyone would choose to create an esoteric riddle or wordplay in 1888.

Last edited by cyseymour; 12-11-2012 at 08:46 PM.