View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Jeff

Default Recent Heritage Signature Auction - This makes no sense...

So I won a lot last week in the Heritage Signature Auction. They have some cool new feature (at least, I thought it was cool) - where you can put a Best Offer up on the lot you won. So I figured I'd try it, since I was buying the lot to flip, anyways. Well, I woke up the next morning and I had received two offers, one of which I decided to take.

This seemed like a nice little deal, since I never had to mess with the lot and made a little cash off of it. Well, I called Heritage this morning to make sure everything was as it appeared. They told me I had to first pay for the lot that I won, which would mean I technically own it - before they could allow the buyer whose offer I accepted to pay for it. I also had to convince them that I should (obviously) not be paying shipping on a lot that's never being shipped to me. I realize they're still working out the kinks on this - but I think it seems silly for me to make payment on a lot that they're going to have to turn around and sell to the buyer that made the late offer.

Does this seem odd to anybody else?