View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 01:25 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Ok, I'll admit it. I've never served jury duty a day in my life (and I'm 41 years old). In my house, those notices get thrown away.

Think of me as you wish, but I work for a living and don't have time for that. I'm not trying to sound harsh, but let them call the people that are unemployeed and living on unemployment assistance. After all, we're giving them money, let them earn it.

I don't mean to offend anyone that's unemployeed, I've been there myself and wish that on no one. My point is that they have the time and there are plenty of folks to pool from (and they're being paid anyway).
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
If you were to put on trial for something you didn't do (lets say wrong place at the wrong time and thus wrongfully accused), would you rather have employed jurors (with a stereotype of them being educated and hard working e.g. your peers) or unemployed jurors (stereotype being they are lazy and generally less-educated) deciding your fate? Just wondering
I have never had jury duty, but I have always wanted to be summoned just to see how it all works first hand.

After reading David James thoughts I was thinking the same thing as you Rob. Then the more I thought about it I realized I wouldn't want David on my jury either.
The reason I say that is because I would rather have people there that care to be there and are willing to be "Juror 8" (Twelve Angry Men). I want someone who is willing to take the time to discuss the facts of the case.