View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Grob View Post
I believe that any and all efforts to create and maintain forums or venues for the responsible and informed discussion of vintage game used uniforms should be encouraged.

Dave Grob
DaveGrob1@aol.com

Thanks for the feedback Dave. I think what is going to happen is we are going to make a Game Used sub-forum under our memorabilia forum umbrella. And under the game used sub forum we are going to have vintage and new. Vintage will be pre-1980 and new will be 1980 - newer. Those are the cut offs for many of the card venues so it makes sense to do it with those years. Also, that seems to be in keeping with the prevailing thoughts I have read. The icon that now says "Memorabilia Forum" will be changed.......it will say "Memorabilia" then right under that it will say "Autographs" and right under that it will say "Game Used". If we take out the word "forum" then we are only adding one additional word. If I don't hear of any major complaints or issues then that will be done in the next few days. This solution seems like a good middle ground to not totally break out separate forums while addressing the vintage vs new dilemma.

Again, I realize this won't please everyone. Several folks don't want the section at all. Most folks do want it. In each of the other things we have done on the board, in the way of changes, there have been very few negatives come about from them. I believe this will be the same....but am open to hearing other views before we institute it. I wouldn't ever want this place to become stagnant. I don't think it has....

Dan- edited to add....>I was typing while you were. If you want to do a poll of the GU forum years in sub forums that is fine. Makes no difference to me. I am one of those that will make a decision instead of waiting for someone else to . I didn't mean to step on your toes.

Last edited by Leon; 08-28-2012 at 01:42 PM.