View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
No, I deleted it because I realized it would just encourage another attack by you. If I had realized that an attack was imminent regardless, I would have gone ahead and gotten it out of the way. I mentioned trimmed photos because Scott Gaynor asked a question and I responded honestly to it.

Yes, IN MY OPINION, a photo MAY have something to do with being in a slab. Some photos look better trimmed AND in a slab (to some people), thus SOMETIMES encouraging people to trim the photo prior to submitting.Why would I buy a trimmed photo? Because the image is good and it's a tough photo, and it still looks good. It doesn't mean I have to like the fact that someone else trimmed it first.

In this case, the photo still has the white borders - they were simply trimmed, probably to remove a few small border tears, possibly writing, etc. I have no idea, as the photo has been TRIMMED of all evidence. No, there is no evidence or reason to believe that the photo was ever published. Trimming is not always done to prepare a photo for publication. Now it's nicely trimmed and placed in a PSA slab with a flip, so it looks good to people who like such things.

As mentioned previously, it's a very nice image. I don't buy photos for their 'Type' designation on a PSA flip, or for whether or not they are trimmed. I buy them for the image and how well it presents, regardless of trimming or slabs.

We don't agree. It's really no big deal.

Not taking my toys and running, but I'm done with this thread - the continual photo slab angst with you just isn't worth it. See you in another thread
Soooo... You bought it because it looked good to you trimmed in a slab.. Gotcha.. Insane. Why haven't you taken it out of the slab if it is such an eye sore? Can you post a picture?

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 08-23-2012 at 07:05 PM.