View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Travis,

Problem here is you are comparing a completely different flattened "scanned" photo with a digital camera capture of a curled up photo from 1' to 3' feet away.

IMO the corners were either flattened down or reinforced (or both) somewhere between 2004 and 2012.

Also looks like the same type photo stock to me. Difference in tone generally boils down to the scanner/camera settings used 8 years apart.

As far as the NM description by the seller. Here's another item he describes as EX/MT. While it's a nice photo, I don't think anybody would purchase it solely based on his accurate personal grading scale. Maybe GD/VG or VG. Thank goodness this isn't the old days of print ads and lack of photos so you can draw your own conclusions based on the photo he provides.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-7-1943-FRITZIE-ZIVIC-PITTSBURGH-SIGNED-5X8-PHOTOGRAPH-/150623322890?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item2311d9830a

Not making a run at you either Travis. I think you are great for the hobby and questions need to be raised. Notice I'm not critiquing the autograph itself, as I know you do a fine job of weeding those out yourself.

The same seller has other JSA Boxing Stuff (particularly Ali) that doesn't exactly make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside either.

okay, nope no problem at all. it sold at am in 2004, do people build up corners, yep, do they flatten out creases, yep, is the corner rolled, some think so, i don't. i never even said that the ebay photo is a copy of the am one, it could be the other way around, as we all know that people copy perfect photos and artificially age them and round corners to suggest wear.

do i know that is the case, no, and i never said i knew for a fact that either one was the copy, i suggested that by looking at the two offerings, that one of them had to be from what i see, and that is using a working model that there are two photos, which is what i believe but others don't. i realize that.

Last edited by travrosty; 08-15-2012 at 10:20 AM.