View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Al

Default poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
There is precedence for asking a company not to advertise on this board. As of this moment I have made that request to Ken. I think some time needs to go by, not sure how much and if ever, before his advertising on this board resumes. I am leaving the door open for the future, but for now, no more ads or email blasts concerning Ken and his auctions. I am not making a judgement otherwise. It's just too volatile of a subject and quite honestly, I don't want to deal with it.

As far as the PM's go, it looks like the board is going to be overwhelmingly in favor of keeping them personal. That being said there is an open ended part of the rules, I had to put in there, in order to keep our community safe. It basically says that the moderator can do anything he wants, written in the rules or not, to protect the community. I would use that option if I need to in order to protect our community and the hobby. I think the rule about not allowing PM's to be displayed is going to be a good one. So do most other board members....but if something warrants it then an exception will be made. I also try hard to adhere to the rules myself, as well as enforce them. It's not always easy, or black and white.

What was VERY comforting at the National was all of the folks that came up to me in support of the way the board is moderated. I don't mind saying it made me feel like I was doing a decent job of trying to be as fair as possible, while letting folks express themselves, all the while trying to keep a civil place for us to chat.
Leon,
All my kidding aside, I believe you have done the right thing in not letting Ken advertise on the board for now and some time to come. I myself have been very vocal for years about how some of these auction houses have conducted themselves over the years and I believe in this instance if the track record was the way it was then it will continue to be that way now. As was said by someone else If it Quacks like a duck.......... A leopard doesnt change its spots so in my mind weather it be 1997 or 20 years later. QVC, HSN,what ever and now auction house the ground work in my mind was laid all those years ago! As for PMs in all fairness I really could care less if they are posted or not you always have done a great job with being fair and I know you will continue to do so going forward!

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..