View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 05:01 PM

Default JimStinson

I was there when the process started and it was a GOOD idea, PSA had FOUR count em four of the best autograph guys in the country that looked at the autographs independent of one another and then gave their opinion. 90% of the time we agreed. Yes I was one of the guys. Sometimes we had HEATED debates , like jury duty but in the end we had to all agree , or render a NO OPINION. The rub was a no opinion =a refund so that was not too popular. Then it became why fly FOUR EXPERTS in when we can get by with ONE ? Then it became ......that ONE is too expensive so lets just put a couple guys BEHIND A CURTAIN that will work cheap. In the old days we used to call them "stadium chasers" they were funny to watch. But somewhere between point A and point B they became experts ...But hey spend your money however you like. the facts are the facts and I saw it with my own EYES. I was there. Is the process better than nothing ??? probably especially in light of the fact that the bogus thiefs became more sophisticated to keep up with thier competition...which frankly is like a boy fighting a man. Sorry to tell you there is NO magic wand. Its opinions based on many, many years of experience ...you can't BUY that