View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Brad

Default Baseball and Wine – Crossover Collecting

Three of my favorite pastimes, varying in order depending on the day, are baseball, sports card collecting and wine.

A friend of mine works closely with a lot of wineries and one of his side projects is doing private-label charity wines for celebrities and athletes. He is also a huge baseball fan, so working with baseball players on their charity and foundation events has become the favorite part of his job. When a player does a private-label wine for their foundation, they will usually sign a couple cases of the wine for VIPs.

My friend has begun saving some of these for me and, while I never really intended to have items like this, my "collection" is now at six bottles, including the latest one that he gave me today, which was signed by Matt Holliday.

I have two bottles – Greg Maddux and Tom Glavine – displayed in my office, while the other three are tucked away at home. These wines are usually pretty good to drink, but the unfortunate part is that I don’t feel I can pop the cork when they’re signed so nicely!

Does anyone else have crossover collectibles to show that combines baseball with another hobby or passion?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Matt Holliday Wine Bottle.jpg (37.1 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg Greg Maddux Wine Bottle.jpg (38.2 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg Tom Glavine Wine Bottle.jpg (41.0 KB, 122 views)