View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
To clout: I knew I'd get a much smaller paycheck than if I took my abilities and went into business. I feel it's a fair tradeoff with the perks of the job. I actually consider my pay to be fair; I'd love to make more, and my checks have been getting smaller recently instead of larger, but so have everyone else's. Maybe it's just my circle, but I don't know any teacher who brings up salary unless being attacked.

Ken
Understood Ken. My brother was a Music Teacher and he took related jobs for the whole 30 years he taught. For the many good to great years our economy thrived, my customers were very generous to me as I always have provided first-rate service to the tippers and non-tippers. I've always treated everyone with respect until they show me different (same goes for here), and the tips have been a byproduct of good respectful service. I've been grateful for every dollar I've ever gotten and I have never let the size of the tip dictate the size of the thank you.

However, this weak economy has slashed my income 60% and I still give the same great service, but since my customers (the ones I still have ) are making far less money than they used to, it goes without saying that it would effect me and anyone else that lives on tips. I'm very thankful that I still have a job and that people still want to give me money.

Were all in this together, no matter what we do for a living. I hope we make good choices this November to help get us out of this mess.