View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 09:40 PM
Frank Wakefield

Barry, I figure that both of us are wrong, not just one.

Seems to me that old style, ungraded collectors recognize that some folks collect only graded cards, and want their cards graded; but that some of those collectors of graded cards have a difficult time accepting that some folks don't want graded cards. I think the old style collectors are more aware of other collectors out there who have minimal internet involvement, don't drool on the auction catalogs, don't read this board, and who have no use for the grading companies. Those guys have significant holdings. I don't know much about this black swamp stuff... but I think that those cards weren't graded when "found" (hell, the cards weren't lost, some fellow had known about them for years, and enjoyed them without the internet and grading companies). I think there's bunches more of such "finds". And I think other folks are in disbelief, how could that black swamp guy have been sitting on those cards without spending a fortune with SGC or PSA, then scanning them and putting them on some image hosting place, and all that jazz???

But I do agree that it is a futile question based on opinion and conjecture.

And what's a Mets fan doing wondering about the score of a game from that lesser league?

Last edited by FrankWakefield; 07-06-2012 at 09:43 PM.