View Single Post
Old 06-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Banned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Jewell

Believing that someone did something is one thing, but taking action based only on allegations is wrong. "you are an associate of Richard Jewell? Well, he is allegedly the olympic park bomber so I can't let you rent this townhouse from me." What kind b.s. is that?

Auction houses need to either take away "allegedly" or apologize for taking those actions based only on allegations. But have a spine one way or the other.

so allegedly is good enough for heritage? They can run their auction house the way they want, yes, they can. That's what the original criticism was all about. Many thought they weren't running it in a particularly fair way.

For that people got banned, and I think Heritage discussing the specifics of why people got banned privately with Leon isn't right or fair for a professional auction house to do. They either need to post it openly for all so we can defend ourselves, or keep quiet.

Remember, whatever Ivy says is on behalf of Heritage and if I was Ivy and someone asked me (remember, I am heritage) exactly the circumstances why someone had their account banned, the proper answer for me would have been

I am sorry but I cant discuss company policy and private bidder information and communications with you.

Can I just call up any auction house and ask questions of any bidder they have and what this bidder, said, has done and what their emails say? I don't care if they release emails, but do it out in the open so everyone can decide.

I said they lied when they posted auction items open for live bidding that said "jsa auction loa" when even by their own admission, Heritage said the loa's wren't issued yet.

Saying something that ain't true is lying. When they ignored me I went to the top, Steve Ivy, Chairman and CEO, and I got no response, then I was banned.

Jonathan already said why we were banned. Evidently you wanted the dirt and the "real" story. Well if you did, ask them to have Jonathan put it all out here for everyone, because if they just tell you only, and you say you agree with Heritage that they did the right thing, then you let people draw their own conclusions without THEM having any of the facts- only based on the fact that "if leon agrees, then they must have did something bad".

Poor way to do it by a professional auction house.

Last edited by travrosty; 06-20-2012 at 03:31 PM.