Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Grading Device for accurate Centering (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=88157)

Archive 12-21-2007 01:07 PM

Grading Device for accurate Centering

Posted By: <b>Mike</b><p>Is there a product on the market that can be purchaed that can accurately determine centering ? What do the grading card companies use ? Is their a machine that can visually analyze a card and use a software program to print out the results ? Thanks for any information. Mike

Archive 12-21-2007 01:41 PM

Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>place in air.......determine where wind is coming from..........<br /><br />alternative.......dartboard<br />

Archive 12-21-2007 01:53 PM

Posted By: <b>dstudeba</b><p>Random Number Generator<br /><br />Wheel of Fortune or Price is Right spinner

Archive 12-21-2007 01:53 PM

Posted By: <b>Kevin Saucier</b><p>As a matter of fact there is. I believe 707 sells/sold them and is one of the standard devices used by the top graders. I think the cost is over $100 but well worth it.<br /><br /><br /><br />Kevin

Archive 12-21-2007 02:25 PM

Posted By: <b>D.C. Markel</b><p>I have a lighted 10X magnifier that has a graduated scale on the viewing area that I bought for about $40. In addition, I have a set of digital calipers that are very handy for all types of measurements including card length, width and thickness plus border measurements that I bought for $18 or so on Amazon.com.

Archive 12-21-2007 03:23 PM

Posted By: <b>Larry</b><p>multi-sided Dungeons and Dragons dice, place in Yahtzee shaker......

Archive 12-21-2007 04:19 PM

Posted By: <b>Rick McQuillan</b><p>Wasn't Mr. Mint selling a centering device a few years ago?<br /><br />Rick

Archive 12-21-2007 04:46 PM

Posted By: <b>DD</b><p>I think you received it free from Mr. Mint when you purchased 10 cases or more of his wax stain remover for cards. Also, a free Mr. Mint bobblehead with every order. The perfect regift for that special someone you don't like at Christmas.

Archive 12-21-2007 05:21 PM

Posted By: <b>Tom Boblitt</b><p>Mint was handing out beanie babies of himself. We got about 10 of them and hid them ALL over a buddies apartment.......inside freezer, inside microwave, under pillows, foot of bed. He was finding them for weeks. You gotta love Mr. Mint........<br />

Archive 12-21-2007 06:32 PM

Posted By: <b>ItsStillOnlyGil</b><p>Just draw a line from corner to corner for all four corners. Where the lines intersect is the center.<br /><br />Then measure it up (and erase the lines).

Archive 12-22-2007 04:48 AM

Posted By: <b>Eric</b><p>Its easiest to ONLY buy cards that are way off center... you never have to ask yourself... is this off center, its obvious that it is!<br /><br />However you would find yourself asking... is this perfectly centered?

Archive 12-25-2007 01:42 PM

Posted By: <b>joseph</b><p>Allan Hager has a cardsizer that he patented. You use to be able to buy them for $5.95 + $1.00 for postage. He had 2 for baseball 1886-1916 and 1916-present. He also had 1 for hockey and football. You can do a web search for his address, its in FL. now, it use to be in CT. I hope this helps. Merry Christmas to the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!