Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Got 19th C. Louisville uniform pix? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=67678)

Archive 04-17-2009 06:19 AM

Got 19th C. Louisville uniform pix?

Posted By: <b>Bob Lemke</b><p>I'm looking for any images of Louisville (NL) uniforms circa the late 1890s-early 1900s. Can anybody post same or refer me to a source?<br><br>Thanks much!

Archive 04-17-2009 08:51 AM

Posted By: <b>Mark</b><p>Bob - note that Louisville NL did not exist after 1899.<br>

Archive 04-17-2009 09:11 PM

Posted By: <b>Shawn Chambers</b><p>Bob, try the &quot;Legends of Louisville&quot; book. It has team photos for many of the 1890s squads. Some of the individual player photos just seem to be blowups of Old Judge cards, but this might be helpful, too.<br><br>Shawn

Archive 04-17-2009 09:33 PM

Posted By: <b>Jim VB</b><p>Bob,<br><br>Send me an email with your address. I have a book I'll send you that may help. <br><br><br>Jim VB

Archive 04-23-2009 03:51 PM

Posted By: <b>Bob Lemke</b><p>I have to publicly thank Jim VB for sending me the Louisville baseball book; it is a gorgeous large-format, well-illustrated book.<br><br>I'm going to take a few days to enjoy it, then, in the spirit in which it was given, I'll send it on to the first person who puts in a &quot;claim.&quot;

Archive 04-23-2009 04:18 PM

Posted By: <b>Mark Fimoff</b><p>Here is my &quot;claim&quot;<br><br>I should add that after a few days I will do the same as Bob, unless JimVB wants it back.<br><br>Bob - please email me for my address - Thanks.

Archive 04-23-2009 04:36 PM

Posted By: <b>Jim VB</b><p>Nope. Don't need it back. It's Bob's to do as he wants with. Some of those pictures are probably good enough that they could be scanned and saved for future use, (in a non-commercial way of course.) <br><br><br>For the record, I think I paid $7-$8 in a used bookstore. List price inside the flap is about $35. Some guy is trying to sell it on Amazon for $100! But I sure don't have much in it. <br><br>I think the idea of sending it around and sharing is a great one.

Archive 04-24-2009 05:59 AM

Posted By: <b>Shawn Chambers</b><p>Hey Jim, <br><br>Which book did you send? I, too, might be interested in reading it if it is not one I've read already.<br><br>Shawn

Archive 04-24-2009 06:06 AM

Posted By: <b>Jim VB</b><p>Book is called: &quot;Louisville Diamonds - The Louisville Major League Reader 1876-1899&quot;, by Phillip Von Borries. <br>

Archive 04-24-2009 11:17 AM

Posted By: <b>Shawn Chambers</b><p>That's the one I was hoping it was! Mark or Bob, could you include me on the list to read it, too. I will happily send it back to whomever.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Shawn<br><br>sound _foundation@yahoo.com

bmarlowe1 05-04-2009 08:35 PM

Thanks Bob - received the book today. It's great. I'll spend a few days reading and some scanning, then I'll send it on to Shawn.

Shawn - please email or private message me your address.

One interesting (at least to me) comment. The Louisville 1889 team picture on page 69 also appears in "The Beer and Whisky League" with the same ID errors. These likely originate with HoF. The Scott Stratton and Dan Shannon ID's are reversed and the guy ID'd as Chicken Wolf is not.