Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Autographed Baseballs (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=67591)

Archive 03-11-2009 06:31 PM

Autographed Baseballs

Posted By: <b>Gary Bills</b><p>Have been collecting a few autographed baseballs, mostly players I remember watching as a kid growing up in the late 50's and 60's (Mays, Aaron, Musial, etc.) Currently have about 50 of these and plan to box them up some day and leave them for the grandsons. Anyway, I don't see much talk about autograph baseballs and wondered how much interest there is in them on the board.<br><br>Gary Bills

Archive 03-11-2009 07:21 PM

Autographed Baseballs

Posted By: <b>Dave</b><p>Can you send me pictures if you want to sell.

Archive 03-11-2009 08:42 PM

Autographed Baseballs

Posted By: <b>William</b><p>I think that there are a lot of us who collect them, but this forum focuses much more on the &quot;other&quot; stuff. Personally, I come here to see and read about all of the different facets of vintage sports collecting that I've never participated in. The knowledge base that exists here for pennants, equipment, photography, etc. is amazing. I find that this kind of wide range exposure keeps me interested in the subject as a whole, even when I'm not necessarily interested enough to be buying. I love seeing a nice vintage ball when someone posts a new find, but, seeing everyone's modern Mays, Aaron, and Mantle baseballs gets old pretty quick. Everyone has one which I think is why you don't see them being posted here everyday. They're great to have, and like you, I think they will help tell a story about a game that will surely change as the years go on. Enjoy them.

Archive 03-11-2009 10:58 PM

Autographed Baseballs

Posted By: <b>Dan Bretta</b><p>I collect vintage team signed minor league balls...that's about it. I think I have about 15-20 of them.

Archive 03-11-2009 11:32 PM

Autographed Baseballs

Posted By: <b>davidcycleback</b><p>I've collected autographed baseball players, vintage to modern. I think my favorite was a 1969 A's team with DiMaggio. My most off topic was Debbie Reynolds.

Archive 03-12-2009 07:19 AM

Autographed Baseballs

Posted By: <b>Jodi Birkholm</b><p>No matter how hard I try, there is no way to combine the words &quot;baseball&quot; and &quot;Tammy&quot; into a mediocre joke. Believe me, I've been working on it all night. Sorry.

Archive 03-12-2009 05:07 PM

Autographed Baseballs

Posted By: <b>Anonymous</b><p>Its not a focus but I will collect them if available. Favorite is one I had signed as a kid at Cooperstown by Cool Papa Bell and Satchel Paiges brother-had no idea who they were but saw them being interviewed-walked into the interview and asked for the auto-interviewer tried to get rid of me but Bell said-He's just a kid, let him get an autograph.