Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Question for ticket collectors (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=332413)

guy3050 03-03-2023 12:50 PM

Question for ticket collectors

1 Attachment(s)
I have these 2 clean tickets from Vlad's MLB debut and 1st career HR , I will be seeing Vlad in April, he is known to have a long somewhat sloppy signature, should I get these signed or leave them as they are? decisions decisions....

jethrod3 03-03-2023 01:11 PM

Well, you have 2 tickets, so for me, it would be an easy decision: Have him sign just one of them.

I say this because attitudes seem to change in the hobby over time. I remember that I had the chance to have Dan Marino autograph my ticket and program from the game in which he broke the single-season TD and yardage records. I spoke to several folks that dabble in tickets and programs, and was advised to NOT get them signed. However, these days it appears that autographs have added to the value of many tix and programs I've seen auctioned off lately. So...if you get one signed and leave one unsigned, you hedge your bets in case attitudes in the hobby change again!

5-Tool Player 03-03-2023 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethrod3 (Post 2320133)
Well, you have 2 tickets, so for me, it would be an easy decision: Have him sign just one of them.

I say this because attitudes seem to change in the hobby over time. I remember that I had the chance to have Dan Marino autograph my ticket and program from the game in which he broke the single-season TD and yardage records. I spoke to several folks that dabble in tickets and programs, and was advised to NOT get them signed. However, these days it appears that autographs have added to the value of many tix and programs I've seen auctioned off lately. So...if you get one signed and leave one unsigned, you hedge your bets in case attitudes in the hobby change again!

+1......Go with the FLOW

eastonfalcon19 03-03-2023 08:11 PM

Not only would I have them both signed I would have him add the inscriptions on each ticket. That’s just me though.

Republicaninmass 03-04-2023 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eastonfalcon19 (Post 2320265)
Not only would I have them both signed I would have him add the inscriptions on each ticket. That’s just me though.

I would say this would add the most value to tickets

mrreality68 03-04-2023 06:50 AM

if you can get them autographed go for it
adds to the memories but also the values.
if you plan on selling it be cautious with the inscription if it is with your name on it for example that might turn off future buyers.
But if you are just keeping it to enjoy and perhaps hand down to your kids then go for it
Regardless cool pieces and I hope you can get a least 1 signed

guy3050 03-04-2023 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrreality68 (Post 2320334)
if you can get them autographed go for it
adds to the memories but also the values.
if you plan on selling it be cautious with the inscription if it is with your name on it for example that might turn off future buyers.
But if you are just keeping it to enjoy and perhaps hand down to your kids then go for it
Regardless cool pieces and I hope you can get a least 1 signed

I think I will get both signed with the inscription MLB debut and 1st HR on the other ticket , I also have other milestone tickets and debut tickets to get signed from the other guests at the gala

Jewish-collector 03-05-2023 03:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I would get them both signed. Oh hell yeah. Attachment 560852

Topnotchsy 03-05-2023 08:15 PM

As others have noted, in the current market, signed tickets are generally worth more than unsigned tickets.

As the OP has noted, collector's preferences change over time, so there is no guarantee that this remains the case.

I can't imagine getting one signed and not the other. As a collector, it would look imbalanced. But that's just me. I would get them signed. I get Game-Used lineup cards from significant games signed (if there's a spot that would look good). I'm hoping to send my Vlad final career game lineup card in.

Gary Dunaier 03-05-2023 08:55 PM

My preference is to leave them unsigned.

If you must get them signed, though, since, as you say, he is known to have a sloppy signature, I would see if you can get them signed with a fine point pen. They do make Sharpies with a finer point. If he signs them with a traditional Sharpie, the end result may make you wish you didn't get them signed at all.

mrreality68 03-06-2023 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guy3050 (Post 2320390)
I think I will get both signed with the inscription MLB debut and 1st HR on the other ticket , I also have other milestone tickets and debut tickets to get signed from the other guests at the gala

Great call

Look forward to seeing them inscribed and signed

guy3050 05-03-2023 05:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
both signed

jethrod3 05-03-2023 10:43 AM

Both sigs look fairly neat with the fine point pen. Enjoy them!