Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Do Slabbed PSA Photos Sell for More? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=330172)

Jobu 01-11-2023 08:39 AM

Do Slabbed PSA Photos Sell for More?

I have long wondered what people think about this. Comparing only PSA Type 1 photos in slabs vs PSA Type 1 photos with the letter only. Do you think there is a difference in the sale prices?

Bpm0014 01-11-2023 08:57 AM

I think those slabbed tend to sell for a tad more. But I prefer mine all day everyday with just the cert so that I can frame them.

EddieP 01-11-2023 08:57 AM

It doesn’t matter to me because I don’t pay any attention to PSA’s opinion regarding photos. I agree with Brendan that I would prefer to have the photos professionally framed with acid free paper and UV protection.

perezfan 01-11-2023 10:44 AM

I don't believe it's good for the photographic paper to be permanently pressed against the plastic of the slab. It often causes blotchy distortions and compromises the aesthetics.

But the sheeple seem to like those ugly giant slabs, so they tend to sell for a bit more. Not sure if the cost of slabbing outweighs the presumed "added value". So best advice is just to go with what you like best.

gonefishin 01-11-2023 11:27 AM

I've sold quite a few - it's a toss up. If someone wants to display them, they will purchase without a slab. If it's an investment or desire to resale, slab.

rand1com 01-11-2023 12:18 PM

They sell for more in the slab. Of course, they charge $30 more for the slab versus the letter and if you want the letter as well that is another $15.

the-illini 01-11-2023 02:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I think slabbed photos sell for more generally speaking. I am probably in the minority but I love how the photos look in the holders...

Hankphenom 01-11-2023 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the-illini (Post 2303330)
I think slabbed photos sell for more generally speaking. I am probably in the minority but I love how the photos look in the holders...

A great photo does look nice in the slab, but not as nice as in a spiffy framing job with matting, nice wood frame, etc. No slab can compete with that, plus you can put it up on the wall and see it every day. In answer to the question, I agree they sell a bit more on average if authenticated and slabbed.

doug.goodman 01-11-2023 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 2303253)
... the sheeple seem to like those ugly giant slabs...

Hahahaha. I love that word.

The best thing about the slabs is that I find them easier to get into that card sized holders with a kitchen knife...

Doug

perezfan 01-11-2023 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doug.goodman (Post 2303427)
Hahahaha. I love that word.

The best thing about the slabs is that I find them easier to get into that card sized holders with a kitchen knife...

Doug

Good to know...

I've cracked dozens of card slabs but never attempted cracking a giant photo slab. Sounds like it's actually easier, which is great. :)

the-illini 01-11-2023 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hankphenom (Post 2303354)
A great photo does look nice in the slab, but not as nice as in a spiffy framing job with matting, nice wood frame, etc. No slab can compete with that, plus you can put it up on the wall and see it every day. In answer to the question, I agree they sell a bit more on average if authenticated and slabbed.

I love a good framed photo too!

Thanks

doug.goodman 01-11-2023 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 2303442)
Good to know...

I've cracked dozens of card slabs but never attempted cracking a giant photo slab. Sounds like it's actually easier, which is great. :)

Dozens?

Rookie.

hahaha