Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Shipping help to PSA (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=323377)

HOF Auto Rookies 08-11-2022 12:32 PM

Shipping help to PSA

I have no idea how to ship my card to PSA for grading. I'm trying to send in a card of very high value, which far exceeds the insurance limits of UPS and FedEx that I can get at a consumer level. I spoke with PSA and they said they are ONLY accepting packages from those two for two separate submission addresses.

I mentioned a third party courier service and she said that it would be returned to sender because it isn't from UPS or FedEx. How do I get it to you? She said basically you have to through those companies even though you can't. Asked how others were able to send in their high value items and she claimed there was no way of her knowing.

At the moment, I don't have time to drop it off at a show or fly to California and bring it to their front door. Are those really my other options?

Really, PSA? How the f do I send them my card?

BobbyStrawberry 08-11-2022 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies (Post 2251674)
I have no idea how to ship my card to PSA for grading. I'm trying to send in a card of very high value, which far exceeds the insurance limits of UPS and FedEx that I can get at a consumer level. I spoke with PSA and they said they are ONLY accepting packages from those two for two separate submission addresses.

I mentioned a third party courier service and she said that it would be returned to sender because it isn't from UPS or FedEx. How do I get it to you? She said basically you have to through those companies even though you can't. Asked how others were able to send in their high value items and she claimed there was no way of her knowing.

At the moment, I don't have time to drop it off at a show or fly to California and bring it to their front door. Are those really my other options?

Really, PSA? How the f do I send them my card?

Is USPS registered mail an option?

HOF Auto Rookies 08-11-2022 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry (Post 2251675)
Is USPS registered mail an option?

Not for the insurance value I want to cover.

Casey2296 08-11-2022 12:50 PM

Maybe get a quote from an outside insurer that covers the card in case of loss/theft.

sonnyu2 08-11-2022 01:59 PM

If it's over the $50,000 level that USPS Registered allows, then you might be able to get third-party coverage through a Collectibles Insurance provider.

USPS Registered is extremely secure - and even more secure if you're declaring $50,000 insurance value. If that package went "missing", USPS would have a team of inspectors looking for it immediately.

If you don't want to fly to PSA to drop off in person or submit at a show, and can't find another way to properly insure, then USPS Registered would be the best option by far - even if you can't declare the full value.

Only do FedEx or UPS if your third-party insurance provider states to do so - FedEx and UPS insurance coverage for collectibles is very low / almost non-existent.

Aquarian Sports Cards 08-11-2022 05:45 PM

where are you located?

Duluth Eskimo 08-11-2022 06:52 PM

Insurance is worthless. Specific collectibles insurance might be ok, but I’m sure they would fight a claim as well. Anything of that value needs to be dropped off in person or delivered at a show.

Mike D. 08-11-2022 06:55 PM

Specific collector's insurance usually covers your card during shipment and travel. Worth exploring that option.

HOF Auto Rookies 08-11-2022 08:00 PM

Thanks for the responses. I'm just unable to travel unfortunately for a while, so was just looking at options but it seems the easiest and safest way is to do it in person. So, hopefully I can do that next year!

What about for consignments? If I were to immediately turn around and consign this, am I stuck with delivering it in person as well?

rats60 08-11-2022 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies (Post 2251833)
Thanks for the responses. I'm just unable to travel unfortunately for a while, so was just looking at options but it seems the easiest and safest way is to do it in person. So, hopefully I can do that next year!

What about for consignments? If I were to immediately turn around and consign this, am I stuck with delivering it in person as well?

If it is expensive enough, an AH will come to you and take care of the grading.

HOF Auto Rookies 08-11-2022 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rats60 (Post 2251836)
If it is expensive enough, an AH will come to you and take care of the grading.

Oh wow, had no idea. That's actually really convenient for those that need to. Appreciate it!

Casey2296 08-11-2022 08:37 PM

Go on collectibles insurance site and at least get a quote to insure it. Once it's insured send it to an AH and they can get it graded for you, fully insured.

MikeGarcia 08-11-2022 09:31 PM

An Idea ;

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies (Post 2251833)

..For something of the value you're hinting at , REA would send someone to your door to pick it up , because they're going to get 20% of a huge number , and your card will probably be an easy item to auction off. You could ask.

glynparson 08-12-2022 06:15 AM

Outside insurance

You need outside insurance. Ups and fed ex don’t cover collectibles with their insurance policies.

Seven 08-12-2022 07:32 AM

Not saying that I've been through this process, but my rule of thumb is if it's that high value of an item, you're best off delivering it in person. I know you said that's not an option and your comfortable with waiting so there's always that. Like a few posters have mentioned if the item is valuable enough, the AH will come to you.

swarmee 08-12-2022 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glynparson (Post 2251946)
You need outside insurance. Ups and fed ex don’t cover collectibles with their insurance policies.

FEDEX will sell you more, then only pay up to their $1,000 collectibles limit. So make sure you know the rules before buying the insurance.

tkd 08-12-2022 10:05 AM

If you already know it is going to be auctioned and who will auction it I would have the auction company help you. With that value they should insure the card coming to them and they will deal with grading. They may even get you a better price on grading with a higher value card. If you plan on keeping the card after it is graded you could reach out to an insurance company that insures sports cards. I may wrong but I think if you insure the card with sports card insurance company it is covered for a year. That way you can ship it multiple times if needed. Last I checked its around $400 a year or so for an $80,000 card.

Directly 08-13-2022 07:42 AM

Return Insurance Fee and shipper

So how does PSA ship any item back valued at 80,000-USPS registered? So if a item gets lost or damaged being shipped back from PSA what's the procedure for reimbursement? Definitely wise to have a private insurance carrier help cover any unforeseeable problems.

Mike D. 08-13-2022 07:51 AM

If you can't travel, but want it hand delivered, I wonder if you couldn't recruit a trusted family member or friend and pay for their travel.

There are lots of people who would happily take a free trip to California in exchange for the careful delivery of your valuable card.

If you have a CC with rewards, you may even be able to pay for their flight and hotel with credit card miles, making your delivery and their vacation "free".