Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   FedEx?! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=311395)

Kidnapped18 12-01-2021 05:59 PM

FedEx?!

https://www.al.com/news/2021/11/fede...riff-says.html

This may explain a lot of lost and damaged packages!

ClementeFanOh 12-01-2021 06:06 PM

Fedex

Due to past nightmares involving Fedex, I won't pass up the opportunity
to pile on. The only package delivery company I know that doesn't care
one iota about actually completing the task the customer pays for, in
advance- of course. They are worse than useless, actually harmful

Trent King

doug.goodman 12-01-2021 06:07 PM

It could just as easily be any delivery company, especially the ones who outsource their deliveries to independent contractors.

Doug

Fred 12-01-2021 06:11 PM

Here's my list of delivery providers in order of "confidence level":

1 - Fedex
2 - UPS
3 -USPS

I've never had an issue with Fedex. A few issues with UPS and many issues with USPS. USPS is the only delivery service to completely lose something or really show a lack in the care of package handling.

Kidnapped18 12-01-2021 06:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
More packages just today found in another AL County over 90 miles away!

mrreality68 12-01-2021 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kidnapped18 (Post 2170269)
https://www.al.com/news/2021/11/fede...riff-says.html

This may explain a lot of lost and damaged packages!

Hopefully this is isolated and hopefully none of them have cards, etc in them.

And hopefully things get better especially with Holidays coming and the spike in packages

hcv123 12-02-2021 08:28 AM

A FedEx employee STOLE cards

This happened a couple of years ago and I posted a thread about it - package sent overnight early delivery with a complete autographed 1961 set in it. Package received missing 1 single page with 18 cards including the 2 most expensive - the Clemente and Hornsby cards removed. Upon close inspection - evidence that the box had been opened and resealed. Filed claim with Fedex - they sent an investigator out. Never "solved". They paid $1,000. on the claim as that is THE MOST they will ever pay for a "collectibles" claim - in the fine print - consider yourself forewarned.

bnorth 12-02-2021 08:41 AM

I have always hated FedSux. I used to have 2 addresses for residential houses and 2 business addresses I used. I would have stuff shipped to the one I would be at when it should be delivered. Every other place would just deliver the packages to the address on the package so no problems. FedSux would always try to deliver it to my main residential address no matter the address on the package.

jayshum 12-02-2021 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2170398)
I have always hated FedSux. I used to have 2 addresses for residential houses and 2 business addresses I used. I would have stuff shipped to the one I would be at when it should be delivered. Every other place would just deliver the packages to the address on the package so no problems. FedSux would always try to deliver it to my main residential address no matter the address on the package.

I don't understand how this could happen. How would they know another address to deliver to than the one on the package?

bnorth 12-02-2021 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayshum (Post 2170401)
I don't understand how this could happen. How would they know another address to deliver to than the one on the package?

Driver told me that they have everyones "main" addresses in their system. A few times they would cross off my produce companies address and write my home address on the package. It was crazy and I quit doing business with companies that only shipped FedSux it was such a problem.

Now that I am retired and only use one address they are great and we use them regularly.

Gorditadogg 12-02-2021 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcv123 (Post 2170393)
This happened a couple of years ago and I posted a thread about it - package sent overnight early delivery with a complete autographed 1961 set in it. Package received missing 1 single page with 18 cards including the 2 most expensive - the Clemente and Hornsby cards removed. Upon close inspection - evidence that the box had been opened and resealed. Filed claim with Fedex - they sent an investigator out. Never "solved". They paid $1,000. on the claim as that is THE MOST they will ever pay for a "collectibles" claim - in the fine print - consider yourself forewarned.

My wife just ordered a smart watch online from Target. The shippong box had a label on it that there were batteries inside, which must have given someone at Fedex the clue to open the box and see what was inside.

We got the box yesterday retaped and empty. We reported the theft to Target and to Fedex, will see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jayshum 12-02-2021 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bnorth (Post 2170408)
Driver told me that they have everyones "main" addresses in their system. A few times they would cross off my produce companies address and write my home address on the package. It was crazy and I quit doing business with companies that only shipped FedSux it was such a problem.

Now that I am retired and only use one address they are great and we use them regularly.

It's amazing that they would do something like that since it just seems to be creating more work for themselves to look up and change addresses on packages.

steve B 12-02-2021 09:55 AM

They were pretty good when I worked for a company that had an account.
Even better for one customer I had that was a huge company.

Other than that? A very mixed bunch of experiences.

My favorite?

When I was getting a lot of stuff on ebay I'd get the occasional fedex delivery.
My side porch is shaded, and a couple of the drivers would deliver to me just before lunch and eat their lunch there. I was fine with that. I got my stuff a bit earlier, they got a quiet shady spot to eat during summer. They cleaned up after themselves, the trash was only like 3 feet from the steps they sat on.

Until one day I come home to sub and chip wrappers and a bag, plus a soda bottle, all left on the porch. Also their clipboard with the entire mornings signatures....

So I called, told the call center about it and got the usual "our people don't do that, it must be someone else" No, I'm sure it was you guys, and I'm not saying don't eat there anymore, just pick up your trash.
"Well, it wasn't us"
Umm ok, let me talk to a local supervisor.
Go through the same thing.
"Ok then, thanks for the neat aluminum clipboard! And the cool sheet full of signatures with the FedEx logo!"
"Oh S*** we'll be right over."

I clipped the trash to the clipboard ad restated that the drivers who picked up after themselves were still welcome. But Next time I was left a clipboard I was keeping it.

As far as I know they didn't come by anymore. I felt bad for the good guys that picked their stuff up and hope the one who didn't got in some trouble.

Fred 12-02-2021 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kidnapped18 (Post 2170276)
More packages just today found in another AL County over 90 miles away!

I remember seeing those images on the news. My first thought was that the drivers are compensated on the number of packages they deliver and that the knucklehead that did this figured he'd just tell everyone that someone must have stolen the packages after delivery and blame it on the contactless Covid delivery protocols.

DHogan 12-02-2021 11:17 AM

I've never used Fedx. I had one issue last year with USPS. The UPS driver that delivers to my area goes out of his way to be a punk.

perezfan 12-02-2021 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHogan (Post 2170453)
I've never used Fedx. I had one issue last year with USPS. The UPS driver that delivers to my area goes out of his way to be a punk.

UPS is the worst.

Eric72 12-02-2021 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steve B (Post 2170426)

..."Ok then, thanks for the neat aluminum clipboard! And the cool sheet full of signatures with the FedEx logo!"
"Oh S*** we'll be right over."...

LOL. Perfect! :D

RL 12-02-2021 03:34 PM

at this time of the year they are all not to good

Snowman 12-02-2021 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcv123 (Post 2170393)

That sucks. I've been screaming this from the mountain tops for years about shipping insurance claims in collectibles. It is pointless to pay for shipping insurance in excess of $1,000 through FedEx, UPS, and USPS (unless using registered mail - supposedly). That's why I got private insurance instead.

Kidnapped18 12-11-2021 02:48 PM

Update

https://www.al.com/news/2021/12/fede...in-ravine.html
Hopefully this will deter the next FedEx employee thinking about dumping packages

rdwyer 12-11-2021 04:20 PM

I'm FedUp with FedEx! I rather have Amazon Prime deliver my mail and packages.

Bcwcardz 12-11-2021 10:37 PM

I have had no problem with USPS. FedEx seems like they could care less about the package. UPS can rot in the lower depths of hell. I think everyone has had their different issues with these companies. It’s going to get worse with the difficulty finding anyone to work. It seems like any warm body will do now at these places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

savedfrommyspokes 12-12-2021 06:03 AM

A delivery driver for one of these large delivery companies told me this story of a local situation....a temporary holiday hire was making deliveries from his personal vehicle. Decided in the middle of his route he was done (quitting). Removed all of his packages and scanner from his car and left them on the side of the road. Apparently, someone at the warehouse noticed his scanner had not moved in a while and dispatched a delivery truck to investigate...all packages accounted for and re-loaded onto the delivery truck. Could have been worse.

I hold my breath with all three main delivery services, as I have had problems with them all.

So far, I have only received on baseball card via Amazon delivery. Since Amazon started making deliveries to my house, they seem to be far more reliable than the other 3 as I seem to get all of my packages with no issues.

BRoberts 12-12-2021 07:39 AM

A delivery from an auction house (not sports related) was scheduled to be delivered by Federal Express to my home on Wednesday. It got delayed three times, eventually arriving Saturday. Package was valued at $3,000 and was shipped "signature required." I understand that in most cases signatures aren't being required, but until yesterday the delivery person would at least confirm he was handing off the package to the person it was addressed to. This time it was left outside a garage door at the side of the house, an hour before severe rain arrived. We have a covered porch at our front door, where 99 percent of our packages are left. I have no idea what the guy yesterday was thinking, assuming he was. I think the auction house is lucky that I'm an honest guy, because there is no proof that I've received the package.

insidethewrapper 12-12-2021 08:34 AM

What service do the auction houses use on the most expensive items like 100k+ ? Are they insured the total amount ? If you sell on ebay a 10K item and the buyer claims ( not as described), do you lose 10k ?

Bigdaddy 12-12-2021 10:26 AM

Whether it is UPS, USPS or FedEx, I'd be willing to bet that problems can be directly traced to the local office, not necessarily a reflection of the national organization. Whatever the local managers put up with, that is the level to which the employees will perform.

That is why there are so many different opinions of the companies.

jingram058 12-12-2021 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigdaddy (Post 2174186)
Whether it is UPS, USPS or FedEx, I'd be willing to bet that problems can be directly traced to the local office, not necessarily a reflection of the national organization. Whatever the local managers put up with, that is the level to which the employees will perform.

That is why there are so many different opinions of the companies.

10-4, agree completely.

Jobu 01-11-2022 03:05 PM

I always thought FedEx was reliable. Then they delivered two packages that are not mine to my house about 2-3 weeks ago. One was my neighbor's, the other address is a mile or two away. The only way to report a misdelivery is by calling, they have no automatic option and no email contact. I called, they said they would come get the package, they never did. I called again and the same thing happened, so they have been notified twice that I have someone else's package and apparently they don't care.

So, if using FedEx, or any service really, paying for signature confirmation would be worth it to make the driver at least have to look at the damned address a second time.

ruth-gehrig 01-11-2022 05:00 PM

It saves me alot of stress to simply have FedEx and UPS packages redirected to a local pick up location. UPS has a retail location about 10 miles away and FedEx less than that. I dont have to worry about a signature not being obtained, delivered to a neighbor or a package left in the rain.

Stampsfan 01-11-2022 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perezfan (Post 2170457)
UPS is the worst.

I always wondered why, for a delivery company, they chose the name "Oops".