Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [Not sure where to post]-Crossing an CSG 8 to PSA? (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=307042)

insrman 08-26-2021 10:29 AM

[Not sure where to post]-Crossing an CSG 8 to PSA?

Not sure where to post]-Crossing an CSG 8 to PSA [ 48 bowman]? ANyone have an opinion? Should I be concerned the CSG might be altered / cut and CSG did was not aware? Should I be concerned about PD? I know PSA will have a qualifier, but I have not seen qualifiers on SGC or CSG; although I am newer to the hobby.

Comments very welcomed, Reed

Schlesinj 08-26-2021 10:43 AM

Is you goal to sell it now or keep it PC?

Aquarian Sports Cards 08-26-2021 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insrman (Post 2138511)
Not sure where to post]-Crossing an CSG 8 to PSA [ 48 bowman]? ANyone have an opinion? Should I be concerned the CSG might be altered / cut and CSG did was not aware? Should I be concerned about PD? I know PSA will have a qualifier, but I have not seen qualifiers on SGC or CSG; although I am newer to the hobby.

A picture of the card would help people give you meaningful answers. CSG is so new there is no real history of crossing cards yet.

Snowman 08-26-2021 12:16 PM

CSG is pretty strict on ultra-modern cards receiving 10 grades, but they're pretty lenient on vintage stuff from what I've seen. 8.5s that look like PSA 7s, cards with creases getting 5s and 6s. They're more similar to BSG/BVG than they are to PSA.

swarmee 08-26-2021 04:18 PM

1) No real way to tell on any specific card without high resolution back and front photos/scans.

2) You should be concerned about cards in *all* grading company holders. Read threads on Blowout or here to learn more. CSG hired two top BVG graders right, so they may have seen this card and you might have a little more trust it's unaltered.

3) While PSA has a PD qualifier, they have recently announced they will barely use it anymore, along with other qualifiers that are NOT MC or MK. So if a card has print defects worthy of awarding a PD qualifier to, they'll more likely be docked two number grades instead.

rand1com 08-26-2021 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by insrman (Post 2138511)

I would not expect higher than a 6 from PSA on a CSG 8. You can choose to leave it in it's current holder if you require a minimum grade from PSA. Of course, the fees are the same either way.

Frank A 08-27-2021 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rand1com (Post 2138624)
I would not expect higher than a 6 from PSA on a CSG 8. You can choose to leave it in it's current holder if you require a minimum grade from PSA. Of course, the fees are the same either way.

Hahahahaha. How could you come up with that nonsense? You have not even seen the card.

Snowman 08-27-2021 10:47 PM

Not exactly on topic, but here's a somewhat related data point. I just crossed over a modern basketball card (Zion Williamson silver prizm RC) from a CSG 9.5 (with all 9.5 subs) to a PSA 10 today. My grades just popped today, so I thought I'd post it.

edhans 08-28-2021 05:52 AM

[Not sure where to post]-Crossing an CSG 8 to PSA?

I'd be far more concerned about PSA missing an alteration than CSG.

mrreality68 08-28-2021 06:30 AM

Please Post a picture so we can all help make an more educated and still opinionated judgement that no one will agree upon