Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   It feels like my birthday or Christmas or Hanukkah! (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=287498)

Jeff_cvc 08-14-2020 10:57 PM

It feels like my birthday or Christmas or Hanukkah!

1 Attachment(s)
It’s not my birthday or obviously holiday time, but it sure felt like it when I got home tonight. I’ve been on an 8 day vacation and I happen to win and order a bunch of cards before I left. When I opened my mailbox, boom! This was waiting for me. I’m so pumped! Does this happen to anyone else? I know I can’t be the only one that goes a little crazy at times buying up cards. Make me feel sane and tell me I don’t have a card collecting problem 😂😂😂

Attachment 413873

philliesfan 08-15-2020 08:17 AM

Don't show us the envelopes.........show us whats inside!

philliesfan 08-15-2020 08:17 AM

ullmandds 08-15-2020 08:25 AM

fun!!! Looks like enough gifts for both holidays.

Jeff_cvc 08-15-2020 10:49 PM

Behind the Curtain...

Quote:

Originally Posted by philliesfan (Post 2008621)

If anyone is interested in my “holiday haul” feel free to check it out. Pete, it was definitely enough for all the aforementioned celebrations. I was particularly extra excited about a few of my winnings. Especially getting my first Cullivan’s, the t206 Wheat (this puts me 2 HOF’ers away from completing this subset), and the T207 Chance I thought looked great for the grade. Thanks for showing interest, as everyone knows, this is often our only outlet to share our cards. Thanks!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/185279611@N08/C228FM

NiceDocter 08-17-2020 03:05 PM

nice!

I checked it out and had a lot of fun looking at the cards! THOSE AINT NO 1988 FLEER UPDATES!!! Rocky

oldeboo 08-17-2020 03:50 PM

I threw a few bids at that Clemens and Hartsel. A bunch of nice cards you picked up.

Jeff_cvc 08-18-2020 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceDocter (Post 2009391)
I checked it out and had a lot of fun looking at the cards! THOSE AINT NO 1988 FLEER UPDATES!!! Rocky

👆😂😂😂👆

Thanks for taking a peek Rocky, glad you enjoyed!

Jeff_cvc 08-18-2020 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldeboo (Post 2009407)
I threw a few bids at that Clemens and Hartsel. A bunch of nice cards you picked up.

Thank you sir for bowing out and allowing me to get Hartsel. Definitely my favorite pick-up this year. Do you own any other Cullivan’s? Do you collect T209’s?I own a few of both the color and b&w, but if I had to choose, I think the b&w’s are really cool. Great poses, clear pictures and so obscure, I dig it.

oldeboo 08-18-2020 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff_cvc (Post 2009526)
Thank you sir for bowing out and allowing me to get Hartsel. Definitely my favorite pick-up this year. Do you own any other Cullivan’s? Do you collect T209’s?I own a few of both the color and b&w, but if I had to choose, I think the b&w’s are really cool. Great poses, clear pictures and so obscure, I dig it.

I actually just got started in pre-war cards. I've picked up a T210 orange border, c46 Imperial Tobacco, and a W575-1 Gassler's Bread so far. I guess I'm all B&W to this point :) There are so many interesting ways to go in this hobby that right now I'm just checking it all out.

Jeff_cvc 08-18-2020 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldeboo (Post 2009530)
I actually just got started in pre-war cards. I've picked up a T210 orange border, c46 Imperial Tobacco, and a W575-1 Gassler's Bread so far. I guess I'm all B&W to this point :) There are so many interesting ways to go in this hobby that right now I'm just checking it all out.

Congratulations on getting in the game. You have officially opened Pandora’s box! It will be a fun and interesting road ahead for you. Since getting into pre-war about six years ago, I think I’ve changed my collecting focus a half dozen times! I think that is part of the fun of it all, as you said, you can go so many different directions. I used to only collect only T206, but now really enjoy finding more obscure t cards or trying to collect certain subsets of the bigger t sets. I’m sure my focus will change by tomorrow. I hope you continue to enjoy and if you ever need advice, there are some amazing collectors with vast knowledge on the board.

Leon 08-19-2020 09:41 AM

+1
As a type card collector variety is the spice of life.

QUOTE=Jeff_cvc;2009587]Congratulations on getting in the game. You have officially opened Pandora’s box! It will be a fun and interesting road ahead for you. Since getting into pre-war about six years ago, I think I’ve changed my collecting focus a half dozen times! I think that is part of the fun of it all, as you said, you can go so many different directions. I used to only collect only T206, but now really enjoy finding more obscure t cards or trying to collect certain subsets of the bigger t sets. I’m sure my focus will change by tomorrow. I hope you continue to enjoy and if you ever need advice, there are some amazing collectors with vast knowledge on the board.[/QUOTE]

Rickyy 08-19-2020 05:14 PM

Nice haul! Love the variety!

Ricky Y

Jeff_cvc 08-19-2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickyy (Post 2010010)
Nice haul! Love the variety!

Ricky Y

Thanks for peeking Ricky!

h2oya311 08-20-2020 09:40 AM

Admittedly, today feel's a bit like Groundhog's Day (again) for me.

Or as Yogi would say, "it's deja vu all over again".