Net54baseball.com Forums

Net54baseball.com Forums (http://www.net54baseball.com/index.php)
-   Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions (http://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Wouldn't it be nice to go one day..... (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=266679)

CMIZ5290 03-08-2019 04:17 PM

Wouldn't it be nice to go one day.....

Without hearing about freaking Antonio Brown! Damn ESPN, isn't there more news out there???

Mountaineer1999 03-08-2019 04:51 PM

Yea, LeBron James news.

Yastrzemski Sports 03-08-2019 05:17 PM

ESPN Priorities:
Basketball
LeBron
Football
Zion
More basketball
More football
Baseball
Hockey
Soccer

Tao_Moko 03-08-2019 06:17 PM

ESPN reporting went to crap years ago right along with the NFL. I have banned both from my house. Literally not a second of either in 3 years and don't miss them a bit. Watch a lot more college wrestling now.

Leon 03-09-2019 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tao_Moko (Post 1861083)
ESPN reporting went to crap years ago right along with the NFL. I have banned both from my house. Literally not a second of either in 3 years and don't miss them a bit. Watch a lot more college wrestling now.

"Banned them from my house" LOL...sounds like a few former members here.
I never watch news of any Basketball because I think Pro Basketball sucks. (except for DIrk, he is THE MAN)

savedfrommyspokes 03-09-2019 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1861045)
Without hearing about freaking Antonio Brown! Damn ESPN, isn't there more news out there???

Recently, I figured I would take a break from ESPN (and avoid hearing about Brown) by binge watching the 11th season of Treehouse Masters on the Animal Planet......NOPE, he is even on that network. One episode from that season chronicles the building of his treehouse. The guy is everywhere!

Rich Klein 03-10-2019 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 1861151)
"Banned them from my house" LOL...sounds like a few former members here.
I never watch news of any Basketball because I think Pro Basketball sucks. (except for DIrk, he is THE MAN)

Leon, you will enjoy hearing about Luka for the next decade or so

esd10 03-10-2019 09:56 AM

ESPN and these other "sports networks" have become way to political over these last few years and I really dont want another over paid talking head preaching to me.

Aquarian Sports Cards 03-10-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tao_Moko (Post 1861083)

Well I can agree with how awesome college wrestling is.

VintageVinnie 03-10-2019 03:55 PM

Thanks for pointing this out! I have been saying this for awhile now. ESPN's reporting of pro basketball is insane!! That's all they talk about...for hours it seems. Can't watch it anymore. Also, during football season, I just want to see game recaps and highlights of the dozen or so games. Nope. Let's review ONE game, then talk about it for 30 minutes. So done with them.

PS ESPN, if you read this thread, you can put as many woman studio reporters as you want in short skirts and heels....STILL not watching!!!! Rant over.

pokerplyr80 03-10-2019 04:12 PM

Well he was finally traded today so he won't be a major story for long. Look forward to stories about where leveon bell will end up.

CMIZ5290 03-10-2019 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 (Post 1861574)
Well he was finally traded today so he won't be a major story for long. Look forward to stories about where leveon bell will end up.

Go figure.....The Raiders trade away Amari Cooper and Kalil Mack last year....Now, they take on a whiner and pay him more than any other wide receiver? It's almost comical.....

Popcorn 03-10-2019 05:10 PM

ESPN, CNN ect fell off my radar years ago and I don’t miss it one iota lol

Cut The Cord : )

Chris Counts 03-10-2019 05:21 PM

"I never watch news of any Basketball because I think Pro Basketball sucks. (except for DIrk, he is THE MAN)"

"Leon, you will enjoy hearing about Luka for the next decade or so"

I envy Maverick's fans right now — the Luka is a future MVP with an amazing array of skills, and he's just 20. I suspect a number of free agents in this year's class are casting an eye toward Dallas. Luka + Porzingas + a ton of cap space in a desirable location = a very bright future.

pokerplyr80 03-10-2019 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 (Post 1861576)
Go figure.....The Raiders trade away Amari Cooper and Kalil Mack last year....Now, they take on a whiner and pay him more than any other wide receiver? It's almost comical.....

I'm not a Raider fan, but as a casual observer think they would have been better off paying mack and getting rid of carr. I'm surprised a contender didn't go after brown to push them over the edge. I would have loved to see the packers get him.

As for espn I watch pti and that's about it. I used to watch sports center daily with patrick and Olbermann. Except for this time of year after football ends and before baseball begins. It's terrible now. I watch on sundays to see the football highlights only.